“When the dog bites, when the bee stings,
when I’m feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
and then I don’t feel so bad.”
Just like Maria in the sound of music recommends, today have been thinking of a few of my favourite things to cheer me up after having a fairly “blue” week. Nothing exactly went wrong or happened per se, but this week I have just been feeling down. So with these sound words of advice buzzing through my head, I have been focusing on a few of my favourite things that never fail to help cheer me up:
- A candlelit soak in a nice warm bath – ideally with a glass of champagne close to hand
- Catching up with friends over a glass of wine – ok now I am sounding like I have drinking problem!
- A Magnum ice cream – something more luxurious and decadent about a magnum than any other stick style ice cream
- Pyjamas – after a long day, nothing feels better than slipping into your favourite pj’s and chilling in front of the TV
- A fresh bunch of flowers
- A scenic walk – the suburb next mine is known for its oversized houses and leafy tree-lined streets, when I need to clear my head, I love to stroll through the streets and look at all the perfectly manicured gardens and dream homes whilst taking in some fresh air.
- Watching Pride and Prejudice with a doona – the Keira Knightly version, only because I am in love with the mysterious Mr Darcy, I have no idea who the actor is but he plays him to perfection!
What are a few of your favourite things?